13.5.09

Squid stuff w. Veal Sausage



So for mother's day i felt that i should try some new things. I found a culinary magazine and it inspired me to make this squid stuffed with sausage. Now the recipe used pork sausage, which my family does not eat so i changed that up and bought some ground veal.

To make the sausage i mixed
  • 3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
  • 1/2 lb of ground veal
  • 1 tsp of chopped ginger
  • 1 tb of maple syrup
  • touch of cayenne pepper
  • salt/pepper
but to make it hold i soaked
  • 3/4 cup of bread crumbs in
  • 1/3 cup of milk
I added that to the above mixture and mixed it all up with my hands.

I proceeded to stuff the squids body with the sausage. I proceeded to rub oil over the squid and put this on the BBQ at med heat for 15ish min, turning constantly. The recipe called for a thermometer but with inside being around 150 degree, however i didn't use one and just eyed it up.

Hope you enjoy this tasty treat, and the sausage can also be eaten alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment