15.3.10

Hot and Sweet Salmon



I was craving some fish the other day and Sam was lovely enough to go and by half a salmon, filleted but still having the skin on. I decided the only thing i could do with it was throw it into the oven with the skin side up so that it got nice and crispy.

I started by making a sauce/marinade consisting of relatively
  • 1/4 cup of sweet hot chili sauce
  • juice of 1/2 a lime
  • 1/2 tsp of sesame oil
  • 1 tbs of soy sauce
  • 1 tsp of hot sauce
mixing them all up i line a baking sheet with parchment paper. I put some sauce on the parchment paper than I placed the salmon skin up on the tray. Finally i put the rest of the sauce on top of the salmon and put oven to 400 F.

When the oven was hot i through the salmon into the oven and cooked it for 15-20 min, turning up temperature at the end so that the skin would definitely be crispy (But be careful, i almost started a fire.)

I ate the salmon up with my thunderheist potatoes...well with yams.

No comments:

Post a Comment