13.3.09

Balsamic Glaze, start of the sauces

The first thing I did when I arrived in my new house in Hamilton was make a mess. Yes im sorry housemates, but during this first few days I spent cleaning my room and making essentials too cook with. Now, one of those essentials was my balsamic glaze. Usually costing around $10 a bottle, this stuff is amazing and can be put on anything from chorizo sausage to asparagus. Its not that hard to make, but needs a careful eye, so it doesn’t burn. Also, this does make an intense vinegary smell, but trust me it is soo soo worth it.

What your gonna need:
Balsamic Vinegar
Honey
Other herbs of flavours (ie, dried figs…)

Put balsamic vinegar and honey into saucepan, medium heat till it is bubbling. Than put on low heat and let simmer. Use a spoon to mix it around, and wait till you can dip spoon in, it cools and becomes a nice thickness. Remember it is hot, so it is much liquidy than when it will cool. The longer you simmer, the thicker the glaze.

Place in a squeeze bottle or any container that stores food. It can be stored in most areas that aren’t fully heated, and will last a while, if not too oxidized.

No comments:

Post a Comment