12.3.09

Food for the Sea

Though brought up in a jewish family, somehow I always sea food at an abundance. More fish than seafood actually, but my family was all about stuff that lived in the sea. For me the smell of fish is not an offputting smell, it the smell of the ocean, the beach, australia. Living with others here this can be a problem sometimes because for those that dont have that relationship with such smells it can a strange and undeliectiable smell. So instead of simple methods i have had to hide the smell. This i dont really mind to much because i get to try new ways. So tonght, decided to make some fried shrimp.

So I started by putting
• milk,
• coconut milk
• frozen shrimp
• parsley
• garlic
• long green ginger/garlic flavourly thing
• chipotle chili powder
• Lemon
• Lemon- pepper
• Together in a pot. Bring to boil. Let simmer for 30 min

I was going to make actual croquettes but im hungry so I skipped a few steps. I drained the sauce, and kept the shrimp though waited till they were cool enough to handle. This is where stuff got messy. I started peeling the shrimp. But bad idea. So I just got some
• flour
• salt and pepper
and rolled the shrimp in it. Then I beat an egg, put the shrimp into the egg and rolled them in bread crumbs. Than I heated up some oil, fried them and ate them whole.

they are currently still being cooked but hot damn they are looking so tasty

No comments:

Post a Comment