17.3.09

What about them apples?


Tonight was saint patty’s day. A decent one give my awkward situation. A Stats exam at 8:30 pm. Now stats is a weird, thing like usually im good at math but I cant seem to understand what the hell is going on. Its really really strange, but for some reason I still get decent marks. See the first test I did shit on, and I thought I knew it. The second two I left with a totally lack of understanding of what had just happened in the past hour and a half. Though for some reason I landed on my feet.

Deciding to do something interesting on a Tuesday night is a hard thing, so I Cook. Now, even though it’s a festive night, all the bars are totally jam packed, and well everyone else is home asleep after drinking which starts far too early. Unable to partake in these rituals, I have decided to cook some amazing desserts to dine at the early hour of 2:15.

The one thing I have been craving for quite some time is my apples with lemon caramel. An existist simple and thoughtless task, well at least the apples are. Simply
• Cut them in halves, so you have a top and a bottom (not too sides)
• Put them on a tray, face up
• Put a dab of butter and a dab of sugar
• Put in oven at 340ish for 15-20 min
The caramel is a little more difficult, but the hardest part is the timing. It takes about 2-3 minutes to make it, even though it seems like a daughting task, the timing trully is crutial. Put the following on low-medium
• 2 Tb of butter
• 2 Tb of sugar, (I used brown)
Once this is melted and kinda bubbling than add some lemon juice, prob 2 Tb. This will make it sizzle a bit more. Stir it through with a spoon, than spoon onto the cooked apples.

1 comment: