22.3.09

Fried Artichokes. TRY 1


So this was my first try, because well these are amazing when properly made.

Firstly i had to figure out what part to eat. Usually this is just the heart, but i was curious about the other parts. So i trimmed the artichoke, Cutting Around from the base of the heart. So some of the leaves fell off, but there were still some to try. I than sliced these into quarters, length wise.

  • Than i mixed some eggs, and milk. and got a plate of bread crumbs (with a touch of cajun spice)
  • I Dipped the artichokes into the egg/milk stuff and than onto the plate of bread crumbs.
  • I used a 1/2 olive 1/2 canola mix, to give some extra taste and heated on med-high.
  • Fried till crispy and brown.

I figured out the tails were not so tasty, the middle (heart) was best and top leaves werent too bad but texture not great.

No comments:

Post a Comment