23.3.09

Birthday Rack of Lamb


One of my favorite flavors, Cumin and lamb came to my mind, starting at a Szechwan restaurant in Vancouver. I found this rack of lamb for super cheap at the ‘metro’ at 2 am in the morning and put it into freezer till my birthday. With housemates who dislike the smell of lamb it was hard to see if they were any good, BUT I do think the recipe creates tasty lamb.

Rub Recipe:
• Cumin
• Lime Juice
• Lime zest
• Cayenne powder
• Salt/pepper
• Olive oil
• Garlic

This was all mixed together, than caked onto the lamb, than put into the oven to cook, 400F for 30ish min? This was also great with lamb chops, or roasted lamb. It does give a strong smell but man was it tasty.

The other thing I did was by a lamb roast at beginning of year, and sliced it up so I would have lamb steaks. These steaks were cooked, than sautéed with the rub recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment