24.3.09

Pom and Citrus Sauce


Given the opportunity to cook at my brothers wedding ceremony was definitely a great experience, and well I was given a plethora of strange yet great ingredients. I was asked to make these Portobello mushroom balls, bought from Costco, taste great. So what did I do? I raided the fridge and found a large amount of pomegranate seeds.

Aha I said. Ill have some fun, and make a pomegranate sauce. This is what I added.
• Orange Juice
• Lime Juice
• Lemon Juice
• Pomegranate seeds
• Cayenne powder
• A touch of cinnamon
• Salt/pepper
• Touch of sugar/maple syrup/honey

This worked out great, and I marinated the mushrooms balls in this sauce. This is not really a great recipe for winter, but now that it is spring it should be looked into. This would probably also taste great with other mushrooms, meat or even tofu if your feeling adventurous.

No comments:

Post a Comment