12.3.09

Family Values

So, I was brought up in what was dubbed the 'healthy family', with an article to actually prove it. Now most people would say that this is a great privilege and such, but as a 14 year old kid who really just wants a pop every once in a while I did not see it this way. After the article was published it even got worse, post article other families knew that I ate healthy and made me eat their healthy food. Now seriously guys, that is a lot of veggies, and I guess they are something that i feel strange going a day without.

I currently get a box of food a week, of fresh organic veggies. and damn, those things are good. Pears, apples, broccoli, weird colored carrots and all the rest. They are great, but the best part is that you get a new set of veggies the next week, so you feel like you must eat them all. The problem though, is its allways the same food. Ive had so many carrots this past while, and potatoes. Learning some recipes that i can make at any time of day or night.

So rightfully my first post should be about veggies.
As we speak I have some
Brocoli
Carrots (they are white, so cool)
a green chinese leafy veggie, I think something like bok choi

Added some water, in sauce pan, threw in veggies
Lemon juice
garlic
lemon pepper
Mustard
Salt

Simple, but really its because im sick of the usual which is so easy and great.
Veggies, add salt pepper, and a touch of lemon.

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Dan
    We instilled in you a love of the fry as well!
    What article??

    ReplyDelete